Friday, August 12, 2011

The reason for this

There are blogs and magazines that deal with the (under)world of stand-up in Chicago. Fans and wannabes like me know the places and players. There's also plenty of musings/advice available from veterans and seasoned amateurs. As a nobody in comedy, I thought it could be interesting to share what it's like to be a nobody.

So, I won't be offering advice, reviews, nor discuss the happenings in the "industry"; I'm not qualified and there are plenty of other sources.  I'll be sharing my personal struggles and stray observations of slogging through the comedy trenches that I've dealt with.

To expand a little and give full disclosure, the "trenches" that I'm in are not even numerous enough to be considered a well rounded viewpoint.  Being in a relationship, having a full time job with business hours, and a (kind of) social life that is not at all connected with comedy/comedians, the time and experiences that I've been privy to are narrow and limited at best. Therefore, comics of all levels would probably deem this blog as being stupid. If so, point taken, and frankly I would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment